Wednesday, June 27, 2012

thank you & a few answers too






first of all i want to thank ya'll for being such a big encouragement to madison.

talking about weight loss & health issues can be such a sensitive subject.
i've watched her struggle and be frustrated for the last several years. when we were walking the other day i just couldn't help but be so excited for her and the progress she's made. slowly, without anything wild or funky or extreme. just old school philosophy of eating less and exercising more.
 funny how it all comes back to that.
but thank you for loving on her!!

secondly a few of you had questions
from the key lime pie post....
the measuring cups were a gift from anthropologie a few years ago
& i'm not sure if they're still available 
however,   they have some mighty cute ones available now

a friend sent madison the super cute apron & recipe book last year.
both also from anthro--not sure if the apron is still available

the recipe book is rag & bone 
and super cute!


here's a couple of cutie aprons too...

when i was looking for these products for ya'll
i couldn't help but fall in love with these little guys!



the little mustard poka dot plates were a marshalls score as were the napkins from years ago.
the multi colored silverware? maybe oldies from target or tjmaxx? again, years ago.
so sorry.

the pie plate is from williams sonoma
whew....glad i could help ya'll with something!

alrighty,
heading out tonight with our gen salaam team!
we'll talk soon
~~

matthew 25.37-40

‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, 
or thirsty and give you something to drink? 
 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in,
 or needing clothes and clothe you?   
When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
  “The King will reply,
 ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these
 brothers and sisters of mine,
 you did for me

2 comments:

Alecia said...

Super cute stuff!!! Great pics...I'm in love with the cookbook...glad Madison was encouraged :-)

Jodi said...

I am going to try the pie. I have yet been disappointed with anything that I have ever tried from your recipes.

Madison has to be so proud of herself, she looks wonderful. That is how I lost my weight. Portion control, eating healthier and excercise....excercise! I love food and goodies are my weekness. I hate the word "diet" and hate saying i am on a "diet". I think you are not living if you can't have some of the goodies and things you enjoy. I still have cake and ice cream...things I enjoy, just alot less or I treat myself with a sweet if I have accomplished a goal.

You girls are so inspirational, you make me smile when I read what's going on in your lives.
Take care!
Jodi