Sunday, May 17, 2009

so glad i found YOU!

A couple of years ago I decided to start blogging. I had followed a few of my favorites artists and loved the connection found through the internet. I decided to give it a whirl. I think I'm a pretty open book kinda person, so sharing my little thoughts combined with snapshots of my world has proved to be very therapeutic for me. I don't ever want to come across as someone I'm not. I want to be as authentic online as I am in person....I hope I'm that.


Some writers use their blogs as an outlet for their professional talents--photography, decorating, mixed media, etc. I love those blogs. They have helped fill the void left by the closure of all four of my favorite magazines. Now not only can I peruse their sites and be visually stimulated, I can contact them and feel connected....magazines don't do that!

I have found blogs written by women who have an amazing gift for transferring their thoughts into eloquent entries that inspire me in my walk with the Lord. Many times I've printed their words to carry in my bible or my devotional notebook. I know I won't have the pleasure of meeting them on this side, but one day in Heaven, I'll run up and squeeze their neck . I'll tell them how much those words touched my heart.

But I think one of the priceless benefits to blogging is the friendships that are formed. Friendships that might never have blossomed otherwise. I've loved reading about some of those.....kindred spirits hooking up at Silver Bella, friendships formed at artfests, bloggers connecting at the farm chicks shows, the list goes on.

Many of you have become real friends to me. Private emails sent sharing your own personal thoughts or struggles. Sometimes just a quick note sent asking what you're cooking for dinner or who has the latest great cd , advice on raising teens, sale scoop at Anthro, or even just an encouraging word. I love that.

I can loose hours just cruising between Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, blogs & typepads. I can look up and wonder "did i just waste an entire hour"...i should have been cleaning bathrooms for crying out loud! But those times when we find someone that really gets us, who desires to be an authentic friend-even from the other end of the world, someone who takes the time to write a heart felt comment...can I really see that as a waste of time? I surely don't.

I want to thank you. I want to thank those of you who have come along beside me and connected. I wish I had a $200 giveaway to send you but know I'm sending you a heart full of gratitude. And maybe if I never meet you on this side....one day I'll see you in Heaven and squeeze your neck....it'll probably be really hard....and you can laugh at my southern accent and we'll call each other friends there too.

I want to share four ladies with you....


Last week I hooked up with Heather. My hubby had known her a lifetime ago when he taught at her school. I'm not exactly sure how we got connected in the blogworld, but she has become a precious friend to me. We met for the first time last week. Over a diet coke in Chickfila she poured out her heart. I hadn't plopped down in that booth for more than 5 minutes before she , with tear filled eyes, shared her life with me. What a privilege to meet someone you have an instant connection with ....and who so easily opens up and is vulnerable....that's a high honor in the world of friendships. I love you sweetie Heather and I look forward to more diet coke days....teary ones or not!

I've spoken about Cathy before. From the other side of the world, my sweet friend Cathy has become one of my favorite friends. She lives in an amazing cottage in Australia making the most gorgeous silver charms I've ever seen. I have several and each time I wear one , I think of my kindred spirit that lives over the pond and how she pours so much love into everything she does. Our girls have formed a great instant messaging connection too. I can't wait to squeeze her neck one day & hear her accent!! A tender hearted mommy who has shown me much about the unconditional love of a mother's heart.


Lissa....gorgeous lissa who's entire family looks like something right out of Hollywood. Lissa has the biggest heart, always a kind encouraging word, and shares the same OCD passions and love of the color white as I do! (ha!) I love just chit chatting with her usually a few times a week...either about shopping scores, new clothes, marriage , or even deeper spiritual thoughts. Her desire to be real and authentic is something I highly admire in a friend. I'm gonna get out there one day girlie...just you wait....we'll be sitting on your porch over looking the ocean!

Kasey...the rockstar blogger ( who incidentally usually does have a great giveaway!) who I'm so glad I can say " i know her" when she makes her magazine debut this summer. I love Kasey's tongue in cheek humor, I love her home and feel certain one day my heavenly beach cottage will look quite similar. I love Kasey's style and spunk. If that girl lived any closer I'd road trip just to hang with her...of course, I'd have to leave my " i copied kasey" anthro wardrobe pieces behind. I love receiving one of her funny emails from which always gets a laugh out loud outta me.

Tara, Kim, Rebecca, Courtney....there are so many more of you that I think are just wonderful. and I am all the better for knowing YOU!!
I'm so glad i found YOU!!

no...my pictures don't really relate ~~but oh well
xo



23 comments:

Tara said...

Paige, you have to be the sweetest blogger out there, and the most talented with your words..you always amaze me and always give me something to think about and reflect once I leave your blog. Giveaways don't matter it is really about finding friendships and having friends that fit each one of our needs. Thank you Paige for being so wonderful and being an open book, as you know I admire that quality and so many more of yours, your blog and friendship is a blessing to me! XO

Rebecca said...

Paige...that was beautiful and perfectly written. I feel so much of the same and never in a million years could have guessed how much blogging would impact and influence my life. It has been one of the most rewarding investments of my time...so glad to call you friend...you amaze me!

big hugs from az
rebecca

Rachel said...

Don't you love the world of blogging? It's amazing how many "friends" I've made through this! And I like what you said about how you've replaced magazines with blogs, but you're able to contact those writers. I feel the same way!

And for the record, I know I don't comment much here, but you're one of my favorite blogs to read! Your posts are always so sweet and thoughtful. And your photos are always gorgeous!

Janelle said...

Yes, I agree with Rachael. You are one of my favorite blogs to read as well. I love all your pictures as well as what you write. You seem very down to earth and I love that about you.

Well if you ever come to Lissa's neck of the woods, you better come see me too as my house is only 50 yards from hers!

Anonymous said...

well... my dear SWEET paige!!! You know how much I ADORE you!!! YOu are a precious gift given to me from the Lord because he just knew that I needed someone like you in my life!!!! Thank you so much for your friendship and your kind words! You have just filled the rest of my day with big Ol' smiles!!! You are so dear my lady!!! you bless me.

Farmgirl Paints said...

So glad I found YOU! You definitely have a gift with words and are able to communicate your emotions so beautifully.

I love my new blogging friends too. It's just amazing to me how God has used this unusual vehicle to establish real friends in my life. People who actually have an impact on me even though I've never even met them in person. It's really a gift:) Thanks for being such an open book.

Julie said...

You are so sweet! And well spoken. I love reading your blog. I enjoy your pictures too. xo

Kristin said...

What a precious tribute to all you hold near and dear in the blogging world. Sweet, sweet post my friend!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Paige,

You are truly a special soul.....I remember my first visit here....it was as if I was meant to pop over to your blog on that very day to read that entry. It is so amazing to me how we all connect....the bonds that are formed are real and they are strong! I am so happy to have found you and look forward to your beautiful words and gorgeous pictures of your family for many years to come!

xoxo

Lisa

Kasey said...

where would i be without this wonderful world full of inspiring blogs?
What i love about you and your "simple thoughts" is...
complete and total honesty.
you don't sugar coat, you tell it like it is, your beautiful girls are a treat for the heart and eye's, and most of all...
you are Paige.
simple, lovely paige.
a big mwah...
to you.
xo

cammy said...

Oh Paige, this is such a lovely tribute to your blogging friends, and I agree with Tara that you have got to be one of the sweetest bloggers out there. You have such a gift for words, and I am inspired in so many ways after visiting you.

I'm so glad I found YOU!
hugs,Cammy

mimi charmante said...

What an incredible writer you are my friend. And you are - my friend, even if we have never met, I still admire and adore you for all that you put out there and all that you inspire. What a sweet post about something so wonderful, such treasures we have in our friends, day to day friends and the ones we have never met and yet feel as if we have known forever.
I am thankful that I met you, miss Paige.
xo

Clare said...

what a beautiful post paige!! I know that I love reading your blog, and it is amazing all of the connections we make through this crazy blog world!!

cathypentonatelier said...

Wow honey!!!!!! well I have tears absolutely streaming down my face...You don't know how much I needed that this morning so I am sending you the biggest cuddle imaginable...You too have touched my heart in so many ways I so wish we could sit down for a chat in person but I am sure one day we will...You are such a precious wife and mum and they are all so lucky to have you...Love ya heaps Cathy xx

Jen Kershner said...

Do you even know how lovable you are? We are all so lucky to have found you! Hugs, Jen

Jboo said...

Hey Paige! I'm so glad I found You! Your blog is one of my fave's and always makes me think and try to be a better mother. Plus I love reading about your amazing daughters and seeing all the wonderful touches you have in your home and such beautiful photos you take.

Hope you're having a wonderful week!

Janet

Heather said...

looking forward to our next Diet Coke together ... this time, it's your turn to talk.

who would have thought that my old Bible teacher's wife would be a precious friend of mine ....

love you sweet friend.
xo
HH

Jeanne Oliver said...

I agree. I have met so many incredible women through blogging. Women that encourage...truly encourage and support. Whatever your "thing" is....there is a beautiful group of women out there that "get" you! I love it and I am so blessed and better because of women like you.

Mommabelle said...

I really enjoy your blog. I don't comment often, as I'm the shy type:) I truly love anything about cottage decorating, and love your photo's!

RobinfromCA said...

What a sweet post. I love coming here even though I don't always comment. BTW, your photos don't have to go with the post. That cute little face we're all watching grow up is a treat to behold!

Robin

andyann said...

Paige, thank YOU so much for this wonderful blog--your photography is wonderful and your writing style so friendly that I feel as if I do know you. I visit often and knowing you are here is a real comfort.

Anonymous said...

Stumbling across your blog at one point you described your decision of taking your daughters out of a private school setting and letting them "go" public. I have made that decision for the fall for my oldest of 3 girls. It has been a very hard one (obviously, I am up at 4:30 am on the last day of school still wondering if it is the right path) but your blog has been an inspiration to me ever since the first time I have stumbled upon it. Thank you!

finance jobs said...

Paige you are really totally different.

thanks for the post..